About the Geka Wigwam
The Geka Wigwam provides a seniors complex for community elders.
- 24-hour support services that range in length based upon the needs of individuals.
- Coordinates social, physical, recreational, cultural and educational activities for residents of the home.
- Basic and advanced practice foot care.
- Blood sugar monitoring.
- Checking of vital signs.
- Congregate dining.
- Emergency transmitter systems.
- Medication assistance.
- Nursing care.
- Personal care.
- Adult Day Program.
- Home and community care program.
- Meals on Wheels.
The Geka Wigwam Senior’s Home is open to individuals ages 60+
- Serpent River First Nation community members are given first priority.
- Open to others if space is available.
- Members of SRFN who require home services due to age or disabilities, must be ambulatory.
- Eligibility consideration determined upon review by House Manager and Community Wellness Manager.
Home and Community Care Coordinator – Sheila Best
RPN Supervisor – Kim Bilton
Home and Community Care Nurse – Glenda Massicotte
Home and Community Worker/Cook – Lydia Chookomoolin
Home and Community Cook – Brenda Meawasige
Home and Community Housekeeper – Rose Wemigwas
Assisted Living Technician – Anthony Leduc-Belleau
Personal Support Worker – Albertte (Bette) Cuillerier
Personal Support Worker – Rebekah Austin
Personal Support Worker – Connie Groulx
Personal Support Worker – Melissa Vachon
Personal Support Worker – Jamie Sorrell
Personal Support Worker – Florence Paibomsai
Seniors Recreation Worker – Wanda Commanda